Alert me that MySQL 5.6 EOL ---> UPGRADE to MySQL 5.7

My WHM/cPanel
Alert me that MySQL 5.6 EOL —> UPGRADE to MySQL 5.7…

I have some CakePHP Sites I think version CakePHP 3.x
in LAMP stack. How to find the exact CakePHP version???
CakePHP 3.x supports MySQL 5.7 [strick mode or otherwise Non-strict mode]?
PHP is 7.x

Type “bin/cake version” in Command Line Interface (CLI)

1 Like

Yes, in general, CakePHP 3.x supports MySQL 5.7. But note that MySQL changed an important default setting as of 5.7.5, which caused some issues that I’ve struggled with. Changing the “SQL mode” setting in MySQL 5.7.5+ can revert it to previous behaviour; in my case, I needed to set it to “NO_ZERO_IN_DATE,NO_ZERO_DATE,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION” to get my code to run without modification.

1 Like

What parameter you say set: in my case, I needed to set it to
and in what/where file???

https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/sql-mode.html

You may not need to do anything at all about this, depending on things that we have no way to predict about your application. Take a look at this page, so you’re prepared about what sorts of errors might come up as a result, and which modes to set to fix them, then go ahead and change over, see if it works, and adjust the mode only if required.

may try first in virtual machine like Homestead/Laravel/LAMP… and load cakephp in a folder as a web site?? or otherwise try in XAMPP Localhost?

vagrant@homestead:~$ mysql -V
mysql  Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.7.29, for Linux (x86_64) using  EditLine wrapper
vagrant@homestead:~$

Yes, it’s a good idea to test changes in a development environment before deploying to production. How to set up a dev env that mirrors production closely enough to be a useful test very much depends on your setup.

Hosting support they will upgrade to:
The new MySQL version will be MySQL 5.7.31.

Testing on
mysql Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.7.29,
localhost, you think is the same…?

29 and 31 are obviously different, but I expect the differences will be small enough that they are unlikely to affect you. You could presumably look up the release notes for 5.7.30 and 5.7.31 and see if there’s anything in them that looks like it would cause a problem.