Support of VueJS in CakePHP 3

do you think, like Laravel, add the possibility to support creation of VueJS components ?

example :

Best regards

As i know, you can use VueJS or any javascript module with cake. CakePHP don’t have the vue scaffolding like laravel, but it’s easy to integrate into your code.

@ricardovigatti, thanks for your response.

I know already how to use VueJS with cake. I was talking about official support or something similar.

Best regards

Well, we need the opinion of some cakephp contributor but i don’t think it’s really necessary, even at laravel.

There are plugins that could help you with connecting the model with Vue (or any other framework) using this two plugins

Altough writing components or something I think it will have to be in another plugin, I don’t know if there is anyone yet.

I would also like official support of modern frontend js frameworks in cake.
Managers are recommending laravel because it support js frontend framework officially. They want to save every minutes of their developer.
Now a days frameworks providing everything, so developers just need to write business logic.

JS frameworks go out fashion pretty soon. We won’t repeat the mistake of integrating / providing official support for a JS framework with CakePHP. Back in 1.x we had inbuilt support for “Prototype” which was the most popular JS lib at that time. Some of you might have not even heard of it :slight_smile: . Soon it was replaced by Jquery as the most popular one so in 2.x we had maintain two adapters for protype and jquery for the JsHelper. Today the likes of React, Vue are the hot, tomorrow it might be something else. Hence considering the volatility of javascript landscape we decided not to not officially support any JS lib and rather spend our effort on just the PHP code.

If you are looking to learn VueJS, here’s some of the best VueJS tutorials.