What are the useful Plugins in CakePhp

Hi, i am looking for some example code that help me to learn adding plugin features like “Search Plugin”, etc.“Re-Captcha Plugin” and “Facebook Plugin” etc. While working on CakePHP projects I have faced many issues related with php questions & answers, so I am hoping for valuable suggestions & great support from the online community.

Well, that’s a bit of an open ended question…

First of all, plugins aren’t as big a thing in CakePHP as in CMS like Wordpress. Usually, it’s much simpler and more flexible to just create a component, behavior, element or cell as part of the regular application. To be honest, I never felt the need to create a plugin for something relatively simple like site search or reCaptcha, etc.

Plugins seem to make sense for large modules, like an admin backend, a complex gallery or a media manager. These in themself are essentially small CakePHP applications, so in that sense creating a plugin is no different from creating a normal CakePHP app. More details on how to actually do that here: http://book.cakephp.org/3.0/en/plugins.html#creating-your-own-plugins

Other than that, it would make sense to just select a plugin you find interesting (and is for the right CakePHP version) and look at its code. You can use it as a reference for your own plugin. The best way to master plugin creation is probably to just go ahead and create one!

You can view a big list of plugins in awesome cakephp (there are plugins for 2.x and 3.x)

You can try poking around there :slight_smile: