Using multiple databases in a query

Hello, i have 2 databases and what i need to do is take the data from a table and copy it to the other. I have access to both and i already have the models too, but i don’t know how to make a query to insert db1 data into db2.
I appreciate any help!!! Also sorry for my english.

I don’t know the answer specifically for Cake, but if address 2 (or more) databases in a query, you have to prefix the tables with the db name, as in db1.table.column, db2.table.column, etc.

in app.php create another source in 'Datasources' block and then make use of it in getting table

use Cake\Datasource\ConnectionManager;
use Cake\ORM\TableRegistry;

// you can use `connectionName` instead also
$usersTable = TableRegistry::getTableLocator()->get('Users', [
            'connection' => ConnectionManager::get('secondary')
        ]);

there is also possibility to create another model class that will use this connection by overwriting defaultConnectionName method

This! Thank you very much, i read it a days ago in the documentation but i wasn’t sure and didn’t try it. It works just fine! I really aprecciate your time. Both of you. Have a great day.

Now i have another problem.
What i’m trying to do is this:

public function import()
{
$usersRiafo = TableRegistry::getTableLocator()->get(‘Users’, [
‘connection’ => ConnectionManager::get(‘riafo’)
]);
$select = $this->MdlUser->find(‘all’)
->select([‘id’, ‘username’, ‘firstname’, ‘lastname’, ‘email’, ‘phone1’, ‘address’, ‘city’, ‘country’]);
$query = $users->query()
->insert([‘id’, ‘dni’, ‘nombre’, ‘apellido’, ‘email’, ‘telefono’, ‘direccion’, ‘ciudad’, ‘pais’])
->values($select)
->execute();
return $this->redirect([‘action’ => ‘index’]);
}

but then it gave me an error:
Error: SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table ‘riafo.mdl_user’ doesn’t exist
I don’t understand why it try to access to riafo.mdl_user. It should go to riafo.users

by default cake inflects model class name to underscore table so your MdlUser get transformed into mdl_user table, you can change it in your model class using setTable method https://book.cakephp.org/3.0/en/orm/table-objects.html#basic-usage

Yes. That’s true. But my problem is that i have 2 databases. mdl and riafo. I want to insert mdl.mdl_user into riafo.users.
If a make a debug to $select, i get the data from mdl_user. The same for riafo.users. But when i try to execute the $query and i pass the values, it gets transformed to riafo.mdl_user, mixing the databases.

EDIT: Nevermind. I fixed it.