Updating with composer from 3.7 to 3.8

Hi, trying to upgrade from 3.7.9 to 3.8.* (preferring 3.10.*).
according to migration guide I did:

php composer.phar require --update-with-dependencies “cakephp/cakephp:3.8.*”

but this was the result:

user@server2:/var/www/html/myapp.dev$ /home/ftpwww/composer.phar require --with-all-dependencies “cakephp/cakephp:3.8.*”

./composer.json has been updated
Running composer update cakephp/cakephp --with-all-dependencies
Loading composer repositories with package information
Info from https://repo.packagist.org: #StandWithUkraine
Updating dependencies
Your requirements could not be resolved to an installable set of packages.

Problem 1
- Root composer.json requires cakephp/cakephp 3.8., found cakephp/cakephp[3.8.0, …, 3.8.13] but these were not loaded, likely because it conflicts with another require.
Problem 2
- cakephp/debug_kit is locked to version 3.23.0 and an update of this package was not requested.
- cakephp/debug_kit 3.23.0 requires cakephp/cakephp ^3.7.0 → found cakephp/cakephp[3.7.0, …, 3.10.5] but these were not loaded, likely because it conflicts with another require.
Problem 3
- cakephp/bake is locked to version 1.10.1 and an update of this package was not requested.
- cakephp/bake 1.10.1 requires cakephp/cakephp ~3.7.0 → found cakephp/cakephp[3.7.0, …, 3.7.9] but it conflicts with your root composer.json require (3.8.
).
Problem 4
- dereuromark/cakephp-ide-helper is locked to version 0.13.22 and an update of this package was not requested.
- dereuromark/cakephp-ide-helper 0.13.22 requires cakephp/cakephp ^3.7 → found cakephp/cakephp[3.7.0, …, 3.10.5] but these were not loaded, likely because it conflicts with another require.

Installation failed, reverting ./composer.json and ./composer.lock to their original content.
user@server2:/var/www/html/myapp.dev$

how can I correct this dependency problems?

I’d recommend just adjust your composer.json directly and perform a composer update -W

The require command is sometimes a bit finicky