Laravel vs CakePHP?

After working with Laravel for a few years (started with it from version 4.2), coming to CakePHP as a beginner of the framework, I always look for resources and found out that it has been lacking in that department. Sure, there is documentation, forums and the Slack community (which is awesome and helpful) but I couldn’t find any up to date high quality premium video courses with practical projects to learn from.

That’s the only problem I see with most of the frameworks which are not popular enough.

This does not mean that the framework is bad but I find it hard to get started with it

Yes, this is something I’ve noticed with CakePHP as well, but like you said, this is often to do with popularity (which is, for example, why you’ll also find more videos on Ubuntu and Arch as opposed to SolusOS).

However, I have personally found it easier to get started with CakePHP as, like I said earlier in the topic, the part of the Laravel community I dealt with was pretty hostile towards me.
CakePHP’s community on the other hand has been very open towards me (even though I probably annoyed the living hell outta some people here since I didn’t know much about OOP, MVC etc. etc.).

@ Ruffles What you doing here, I’m used of seeing you on laravel forums.

I also develop some stuff in cakephp, good to see you active.

To me they are both very similar, but I usually write normal queries, not active record.

But recently started using query scopes, snapey got me on them, they are great.