Custom resolver for Authentication 2.0

Let me prefix this by saying that although I am comfortable using Cake, I am very much not comfortable writing my own custom components.

I have been trying to wrap my head around:
https://book.cakephp.org/authentication/2/en/identifiers.html#writing-your-own-resolver
The documentation is a little… sparse as to how to actually implement this.

Specifically, I am trying to write a resolver that can authenticate against MS Active Directory. I have existing code from a non-Cake app to do this as a straight LDAP → AD connection is fraught with quirks.

Does anybody have a tutorial/working example of a custom identifier? I would be great to have a complete example to base myself on that isn’t an existing component of the core Authentication plugin.

Thanks!

1 Like

I have a few here. Don’t know if they’re useful. Note that I’m still on a earlier version of the plugin, I don’t know if interfaces have changed since then.

Thanks, not quite what I was looking for, but it was enough to get me pointed in the right direction. I now have a working AD authenticator which is only half correctly written but works.

Which for internal only projects, is good enough.

1 Like

Yeah, it wasn’t expected to be a full solution for you, but something to show the general structure in a real scenario, which you can then adapt to your own scenario. Glad you got it working!

1 Like