$mpdf = new \Mpdf\Mpdf([
            'mode' => 'utf-8',
            'format' => 'A4',
            'setAutoTopMargin' => 'stretch',
            'setAutoBottomMargin' => 'stretch',
            'tempDir' => TMP
        ]);

On hosting, after calling the script, I get an error:

Warning (2): is_file(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/) is not within the allowed path(s): (/data/web/virtuals/102030/virtual) [ROOT/vendor/mpdf/mpdf/src/Mpdf.php, line 11353]

Please advise how to solve this problem, I have no error on the local server.

What is your TMP setting? Guessing that this is probably something like /tmp and your host is blocking that.

TMP is a variable - constant from the PHP CAKE environment, if I remove it then the error is the same.

Hosting is shared with other hosting companies, this could be a problem. The question is how to solve it so that it does not return errors.

I know it’s a constant. I’m asking what the value of that constant is.

The value is: /data/web/virtuals/102030/virtual - if I remove (tempDir) option it then the error is the same.

Have you looked at vendor/mpdf/mpdf/src/Mpdf.php, line 11353, where the error message indicates the problem is happening?

On line is:

} elseif ((strpos($path, ":/") === false || strpos($path, ":/") > 10) && !is_file($path)) { // It is a local link

and above:

// When parsing CSS need to pass temporary basepath - so links are relative to current stylesheet
	if (!$basepath) {
		$basepath = $this->basepath;
	}

// Fix path value
	$path = str_replace("\\", '/', $path); // If on Windows

// mPDF 5.7.2
	if (substr($path, 0, 2) === '//') {
		$scheme = parse_url($basepath, PHP_URL_SCHEME);
		$scheme = $scheme ?: 'http';
		$path = $scheme . ':' . $path;
	}

$path = preg_replace('|^./|', '', $path); // Inadvertently corrects "./path/etc" and "//www.domain.com/etc"