How to get rooms availabel between checkin datetime and checkout datetime group by room_types

Hi, i am new in cakephp, and using CakePHP 4.3 and PHP 7.2.34 i want to calculate number of rooms availabel between checkin datetime and checkout datetime. group by room_type lets say
$checkin = ‘2023-07-18 20:00:00’ and $checkout = ‘2023-07-20 20:00:00’ $room_type_id =1;
checkout time is 24 hr…

I have four tables.

1. bookings

1. booking_details

1. rooms

1. room_types

1. reservations
    reservations

get available rooms form filed is checkin, checkout and room_type_id

i try a sql query

SELECT rooms.id, rooms.uuid, rooms.name, rooms.dharmshala_id, rooms.room_type.name, rooms.available_room_online - ( SELECT IFNULL(sum(booking_details.quantity), 0)
FROM booking_details WHERE rooms.id = booking_details.room_id
AND booking_details.checkin_date >= ‘.$checkin.’ AND booking_details.checkin_date <= ‘.$checkout.’
) AS remaining FROM rooms

and get result

result

but when i search with datetime, error show
help me
thanks

What error, specifically? And how, specifically, does your “error” code differ from your “get a result” code?

SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near ‘20:00:00 AND booking_details.checkin_date <= 2023-07-22 20:00:00 …’ at line 3

my sql query with datetime

SELECT rooms.id, rooms.uuid, rooms.name, rooms.dharmshala_id, rooms.room_type_id, rooms.available_room_online - ( SELECT IFNULL(sum(booking_details.quantity), 0)
FROM booking_details WHERE rooms.id = booking_details.room_id AND rooms.room_type_id = 6
AND booking_details.checkin_date >= 2023-07-20 20:00:00 AND booking_details.checkin_date <= 2023-07-22 20:00:00
) AS remaining FROM rooms;

Interesting. You have a syntax error in your SQL near the spot where you have neglected to include quotes around your timestamp values.

got it …thanks sir,

final sql query

$result = $conn->execute('SELECT rooms.id, rooms.uuid, rooms.name, rooms.dharmshala_id, rooms.room_type_id, rooms.available_room_online - ( SELECT IFNULL(sum(booking_details.quantity), 0)
FROM booking_details WHERE rooms.id = booking_details.room_id
AND booking_details.checkin_date >= ‘2023-07-20 20:00:00’ AND booking_details.checkin_date <= ‘23023-07-22 20:00:00’
) AS remaining FROM rooms WHERE rooms.room_type_id=1
')->fetchAll(‘assoc’);

Zuluru Sir… request you to help me, How to write above sql query in proper cakephp4 format query

You’ll need to use expression functions for this, which is something I’m not very familiar with. Recommend that you post a new question, with the query you’re trying to execute and (important!) your attempt at writing it in Cake.