Get folder path name only as input and not a file

I have built a website for a client that has a library of about 1.5K summaries and instructions that are individually replaced occasionally through the year. Once a year they require this library to be completely rebuilt from a source folder on their computer. The new files are kept in a folder with 4 specific subdirectories, which each can have an finite, but unspecified number of files or subdirectories. The 4 specific subdirectory names are well defined.

I know I could provide a simple text field and have them type the entire path, but that would be easily vulnerable to operator error. I could also have them FTP the files, but that would be too complicated for them and they are reluctant to go that route.

Rather, I would like the client to be able to easily select the root folder name where the new library is stored through a selection process similar to selecting a file to upload.

Is there a way to do this in CakePHP 2?

I have attempted uploading a small version of the folder using “webkitdirectory mozdirectory msdirectory odirectory directory multiple” on the file type input field but this does not provide each files’ complete source path, which is critical.