CakePHP 1.3 migration To 4.x

Hello I need Some Help ,
I Have a CakePhP Project in version 1.3. I want To migrate in to 4.x is it possible and can anyone Help
what are the steps to follow to migrate from 1.3 to 4.1 CakePhp version

It’s really difficult to migrate the CakePHP version from 1.x to 4.x as you’ve to migrate your application sequentially like, 1.x to 2.x, 2.x to 3.x and finally 3.x to 4.x. There’s no automated tool or anything that ease this process. Migration from 3.x to 4.x would be easier because of rector.

So I suggest you rewrite whole codebase to 4.x and start from scratch, that’s would be easier IMHO.

@ishan just curious to know would it be possible to migrate from 2.x to latest 4.x?

Basically everything that goes for upgrading from 1.x to 4.x also applies to upgrading from 2.x to 4.x. The upgrade from 3.x to 4.x is fairly easy, but upgrading from anything before 3.0 is pretty much going to be a rewrite.

2 Likes

Just my opinion for a gap that large I would probably do a new install and just work on migrating code over.

Also if you are not that familiar with the 4.* yet, you could work through one of the tutorials to get used of the major changes.

1 Like